Friday, January 9, 2009

cupped

There is a downside to hubby's job. And to the fact that my kids are way too smart for their own good.

A few days ago, hubby thought it would be funny to bring in his handcuffs from the truck and cuff the ankles of two fighting boys together. The other two howled in amusement.

Tonight, Thing #4 didn't like it when I told him that he couldn't just take vitamin C out of the bottle and take it whenever he wanted. (Although, it was nice of him to be health-conscious.) Anyway, he got a disgusted look on his face and told me, "Then I going to hand-cup you!"

Unfortunately, hubby thought this was a great idea, so here I am, trying to tell you all an amusing story about how my son talks, and I've got a heavy metal handcuff weighing my arm down, while Thing #4 tries to drag me into the living room to show Dad. When that failed, he grabbed a stool from the kitchen and took down Dad's keys. Now I'm typing with one hand as he tries to "un-cup" me. He even knew which key was the right one. Man this thing is heavy!

I got released and now the cups are going after Dad. But that didn't last long - as Dad is interrogating him about how I got loose. He's ignoring all questions, simply telling Dad, "Now, it's your turn!"

So nice of him to share.

No comments: