Thursday, June 5, 2008

laughing out loud

There's at least one person with a sense of humor out there.

Yesterday I got a little gift bag from a friend. She wouldn't say what it was, but when I opened it later in the van, I almost peed my pants.

The tag said:
"Kara - a gift for you to help avoid a repeat of "embarrassing moment #37." (See earlier blog by that title.)

Inside were two pillowcases with these instructions: Simply place your freshly laundered unmentionables within the "sack" and hang on clothesline without fear of anyone finding out what color stripes are on your underwear.

Hubby didn't quite get my hysterical laughter, but that's okay. I enjoyed the moment tremendously.

She later explained that she had just finished reading a book called "Little Heathens." (The title intrigues me greatly.) In the book, the author says that pillowcases were a solution used by Iowa housewives in the 30's.

Apparently someone else must have had a most embarrassing moment.

No comments: