Tuesday, November 16, 2010

my apologies

Life is taking over around here. I can't believe I haven't posted anything since July!!! (The couple of newsletter columns below are the only thing that is forcing me to keep writing - so I shared them in the hopes that you will still love me).

I could say that nothing exciting or funny has happened around here, but well, that would be lying. And while I'm known to exaggerate a story for maximum editorial impact, I don't usually outright fib. Truth be told - I'm just too busy and uninspired to tap my fingers on a keyboard when I know there is history on Christopher Columbus to finish, trim to paint, and teeth to brush (my own).

The kids are still funny and crazy. The addition is still unfinished. And I am still a size 4. (Ha!)

As I sit here right now, trying to finish yet another newsletter column, hash over design ideas for Christmas cards and search online for yarn, my kids are rapping in the kitchen. The beat-boxing is almost in rhythm with my typing. Until someone gets mad because the others aren't singing the right lyrics...

Firstborns are very bossy - did you know that? It's a wonder my younger brothers speak to me anymore. But, that sounds like food for another column, another day when I'm not busy or crazy or sleep-deprived.

Thanks for hanging in there.

No comments: