Tuesday, March 23, 2010

butter battle

So, just a random question - can not cleaning the cast iron frying pan from last night's sauteed mushrooms get you sick?

I only ask because I didn't. Clean it that is.

I just took a paper towel and wiped out the remainder of the butter and plopped my frozen green beans in. Perhaps it wasn't such a smart thing to do because now my green beans are smelling slightly like mushrooms. Which really makes me crabby because there is little else is this world that compares to green beans sauteed in olive oil and finished off with fresh garlic pressed over them.

Well, I'm at the point that I really don't care. If I do get sick, it'll be welcomed. Then I'll have a good excuse to not get anything done except for bad daytime television and random knitting. (Only have like five projects started and not finished - that's another rant for another day...)

Bring on the butter barfing.

1 comment:

salubriousdish said...

Very glad you're writing again.

BTW I use a grout brush under running water to clean my cast iron pans. No soap of course. Heat and re-oil when clean. LOVE the cast iron.