Monday, November 23, 2009

music in my ears

The Quarry Worship Team played a song that has been pounding in my head since Sunday morning. I can't seem to shake it. It got a little irritating until this evening when I realized that perhaps it was in my ears for a reason.

The song has this chorus:

No weeping. No hurt or pain.
No suffering.
You hold me now. You hold me now.
No darkness. No sick or lame.
No hiding.
You hold me now.
You hold me now.

Unfortunately, I don't feel held. I wish I did. I am trying my best to cling to the idea that I am held whether I want to be or not and whether I feel arms around me or not. I am numb right now, with a beat of anger coursing through my veins. It is playing to the tempo of the chorus above. And I can't make it stop, even with silent screaming.

No weeping. No hurt or pain. No suffering.
But in the here and now there is more weeping and more hurt than I can handle.

Here's the song that has become my heart's cry.

No comments: