Saturday, June 27, 2009

bottom of the wash...


A wet soggy mess is what I found the other day. Somehow, our 10-year-old washer conked out, leaving unspun clothes after it's demise. Which is just loads of fun when you live in the country, you're in the middle of a construction project AND you have four boys.

We purchased a new LG front load washer/dryer combo and had the delivery put back a month, hoping it would give me enough time to finish the new laundry room floor. I figured I could live without cabinets and doors in the room as long as the water was hooked up and the workhorses were running.

So I had to take a little detour in my plans to complete the upstairs bathroom. Now, I'm installing the same slate as in that room, in just a slightly different pattern. And hope to get it done in just under a month - otherwise my new appliances will be sitting in their boxes without a home or a job.

Wish me luck.

No comments: