Friday, May 15, 2009

casualty two

I'm starting to wonder if I'm accident-prone.

This is what happened when I went garage-saling yesterday. I usually take only one child out at a time (the rest are confined with snacks, 25-cent toys and a three-year-old singing to entertain them). After 10 minutes of arguing, it was finally determined whose turn it was to escape. I was a bit frustrated by that point and ended up slamming the van door on my shin.

Limping across the road, I noticed #3 was lolly-gagging and I turned to see if he was going to make it or not, not wanting to miss out on any "bargains."

Unfortunately, my knee-eye coordination must also be defective, because just as I told him to hurry up I managed to walk right into the hitch on the back of a minivan.

This is the end result.
























But the skirt I got was kind of cute.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

ouch! sounds like me - very graceful! ;) just in time for shorts weather, too.

Mia said...

All the better to show off the bruise. I always like to show people just how painful it really was. It's disappointing not to get a bruise that matches the pain!